Greetings! It is with great joy that I introduce Monday Meditation. I hope this endeavor will entice you to build a breathing/meditation practice into your daily routine. If you were following along last month, these weekly tools will continue to expand your practice. If you are new to the site or have never practiced meditation before, the technique below is a perfect way to get started.
The Invocation of Goodness.
Known as the universal peace blessing, the invocation is a way to prepare the mind for the work you are about to do. It is intended to be performed at the opening of your breathing/meditation practice.
Find a quiet space and a comfortable seated posititon. Repeat the words below, extending the last “i” sound in the final “Shanti”. Endeavor to chant the mantra each morning this week. Overtime, you will discover that the words (in Sanskrit and English) are both harmonizing and encouraging.
- Om Sarveshaam Svastir Bhavatu
- Sarveshaam Shaantir Bhavatu
- Sarveshaam Purnam Bhavatu
- Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu
- Om Shani Shanti Shanti
If you aren’t familiar with Sanskrit, perform the invocation in English.
- May Goodness come to everyone
- May each person find peace
- May all experience that which is perfect (complete)
- May all experience that which is auspicious (favorable)
- Aumm peace, peace, peace
My heartfelt ❤️ blessings to you!