Did you know that you have an extra-ordinary super power that you may or may not be aware of? Yep, every one of us does. And, all we need to do to access it is to get more mindful.
According to Ayurveda, our extra-ordinary super power is the power of self-healing. But, in order for self-healing to occur we need to generate awareness. We should understand that to heal ourselves we need right information, we need to get tools for healing and we need to recognize that our health is dependent on the health of our society.
Information for Self-Healing:
- Know Your Functional Energies – Understand Vata, Pitta and Kapha and the ways we keep them balanced with the right diet and lifestyle for your specific constitution or innate state of being.
- Cultivate a Balanced Digestive System – Learn how you can monitor your inputs to maintain a strong system for transformation and conversion.
- Understand Your Tissues – These are your physical structures.
- Establish Correct Elimination – Discover how to balance your wastes or acts of elimination (feces, urine and sweat).
- Discover Mental Balance – These are ways for keeping clear thoughts and sharp senses to maintain a calm and peaceful mind.
In order to be balanced on all levels (physical, sensory, mental and spiritual) and stay in tandem with nature, work is required.
Tools for Self-healing:
- Live in Moderation – This is important for the health of your senses, your state of mind and ultimately your physical well-being.
- Think Honorably – Refrain from unhealthy thoughts, words or actions for yourself and others.
- Be Less Reactive – Control your feelings of anger, greed, pride, addiction, fear, worry and jealousy.
- Establish a Routine – Allow yourself to sleep and eat properly.
Give your body the opportunity to receive what it needs and release what it doesn’t so that your self-healing power can be successful and persevere.
With this power you can be established in yourself. You can live your life in a state of joy and happiness. And, when we interact and share our knowledge with others, we are affecting the health of our society. Because the Ayurvedic approach is universal. Our individual health is not adequate until we are healthy as a society. What we do to ourselves affects others. We are all a part of this nature.
On the podcast, I am discussing the four life goals: enjoyment, prosperity, purpose and freedom. According to Ayurveda, when you receive your self-healing power, you are able to obtain these four major life goals. Listen in On Wellness Way to hear more…
Photo by Tirachard Kumtanom on Pexels.com